To obtain life-long sobriety, it is essential that a person learns and adopts an entirely healthy new lifestyle. Under the direction of our Senior Program Director and other senior managers, our students do exactly that. This is accomplished, in part, by being taught and learning the following:
- Adopt, new attitudes, behaviors, and values.
- Communicate effectively and co-operate with others.
- Be responsible and accountable.
- Patience, tolerance, and “stick to it.”
- Be valuable employees and to take pride in performance.
- Develop humility, self-control, and excellence in standards.
- Management and leadership skills, problem solving, and how to handle criticism.
- Business principles and entrepreneurship.
- Better deal with the public.
- Go the extra mile and to be givers instead of takers.
- Deal with changes and improve self-confidence.
- Be punctual, polite, reliable, and productive.
- Enjoy a wide range of healthy indoor and outdoor activities without any stimulants.
- Manners and etiquette.
Enjoying What Life Has to Offer
During their time at JVA, students have the opportunity to experience outings and a new, healthy environment.
- They get to experience the arts, by attending museums, operas, plays, and recitals.
- They watch movies and television shows that are positive, educational, and fun
- They go on hikes and adventures in nature.
- They receive extensive career training and attend workshops and stimulating lessons.
- See some recent happenings on the JVA Events Page
It is our hope that when students graduate these new ways of living have become second-nature and automatic.
Adopting a new lifestyle takes time, but the change is worth it!