This Sunday the ladies took a trip to Vancouver to visit the Vancouver Art Gallery. The gallery donated admission for the girls to visit and they had a great time experiencing the art and atmosphere of Vancouver. The exhibition on Embracing Canada was made up of numerous one of a kind paintings and pieces created by Canadian artists. Before the gallery the girls stopped by the seawall for quick sandwiches. The art was interesting and unique. It was such a nice break to just get away for a few hours and take in the energy of downtown Vancouver. The women of the John Volken Academy sincerely appreciated the generous donation and opportunity to explore the beautiful city of Vancouver.
- John Volken Academy at Recovery Day BC 2017
- Isolation vs Connection: The Rat Park Experiments
- Dear John, “I came here because … [life] as empty as mine was, … no choice but to leave all of it behind”
- The Brain that Changes Itself – Workshop Feedback
- Student Interview: Drug Addiction Recovery at John Volken Academy has Changed My Life